Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Remember and Celebrate

Phil and I spent 17 years in ministry. Phil was a Children's Pastor, Youth Pastor, and Family Ministries Director and I was right along side of him. We have taught children at churches, crusades, vacation bible schools, youth camps, chapel services and in Ecuador. We have taught adults how to minister to children at training events, conferences and even traveled to Europe to do so.

Today, I am reflecting on the lessons that we have taught children over the years. We wanted each child to know that they were special. We told them to trust God and He will take care of them. God has a plan for their life. If they give, it will come back to them, pressed down shaken together and running over.  We also taught them how to pray and that Jesus is their best friend.

Never did I think that I would need those childlike lessons for myself. All of the things that we have taught are real to us right now.  Everyday we are having to remind ourselves to trust God. He will take care of us. We are special. God has a plan. Give. Pray. Jesus IS my best friend.

Phil and I took a leap of faith a year and a half ago. We stepped out into the unknown in total trust. Honestly, I did not think that we would still be waiting for God's plan to be revealed, but we are. We are seeking, waiting, trusting.
Jeremiah 29:13 - "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

It has not been easy. In fact, it's been the hardest thing we've done. It has been one of the most lonely and discouraging times that I have ever gone through.

I'm so glad that I have all those wonderful memories of teaching, singing, doing puppets, dancing in costumes, and getting slimed to remind me of the promises of God. I don't know all the answers, but I'm sure glad I know who does (you can say, "amen to that").

So today, as I wait I choose to remember and celebrate!!















Galatians 6:9New King James Version (NKJV) 

And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.




3 comments:

  1. Living it out loud day by day is the best witness! Love you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete