Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Loving Layers for Fall 2014

Fall is in the air and I just love it. It makes me want to ride with the windows down and feel that nice cool breeze blowing through my hair.

Fall 2014 is all about LAYERS. I will show you some images to inspire you with ideas of how you can layer in your home, wardrobe, with your jewelry, and your hair. 



Layering in your home: 
Layering items in your home is a great way to make it feel warm and cozy. It can be done with pillows, throws, rugs, and art.

Pillows: Pile them on.
Brittany Makes

Throws: Over a chair, couch, or bed. It is an inexpensive way to add texture to a space.
5 ways to make your home cozier
Magdalena Martin

Rugs: Animal hides and jute rugs work well together when layering.
Samantha Pynn


Art: Layer on walls, bookshelves, and fireplaces. 
Pinterest




Layering Clothes: 
Cosmopolitan says that if you are going to wear a big comfy top or layers, rock body-hugging pants underneath. 


5 Steps to a Perfectly Layered Outfit from Lauren Conrad

  1. Start with a basic, lightweight top. I suggest a solid, something neutral, or striped.
  2. Add another layer such as a soft cardigan or sweater. If you’re into color, this can be a great opportunity to mix in a bold pullover to give your outfit more intrigue and depth.
  3. Then add a jacket or coat. Again, I suggest a basic color: camel, black, navy, or even olive green.
  4. Next, add a scarf. It’s like the frosting on a cupcake. A must!
  5. Sprinkle on your accessories (bracelets, rings, watches).
Hello Fashion

Pinterest


Layering Jewelry: 
Pick your favorite dainty delights and pile on the layers.

The Glitter Guide


Bourbon and Boweties at Little Details


gorjana

Layering Hair: 
I'm going to finally do it this fall, I'm going to get long layers. I'll be calling you soon Laura.

medium length layered haircut for thick hair
Medium layered cut with blunt edges
V-edged long graded cut
layers
Source

If you try some of these ideas for layering this fall, please send me a pic. I would love to share it.
jennbritt75@gmail.com

1 comment: