Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

The Soul of a Home

I love spending time at my mom and dads. They have created an oasis in their backyard and I love rocking on their back porch. It is a great place to get inspired because of all the "purty" things around. 

I have heard it said that the kitchen is the heart of a home and the porch is the soul. That seems to be true because the porch at my parents home is peaceful, giving, and lovely....just like they are. You can sit for hours listening to the birds sing and the water trickle from one of the fountains. 



I just love this cute little bar cart painted pink. It will be great for entertaining this summer. I can see it now serving some refreshing sweet tea and strawberry daiquiri's. 




This leads into their backyard. My talented brother in law built this.



My brother in law also built the pergola with swing.

This little guy is named Robin, after my parents son who died before I was born. Each one of my moms flower gardens is named after one of who loved ones who have passed away.




My sister is also so very talented. This is her Spring mantel. I see my "deddy" in the mirror....hehehe.


I hope this inspires you as much as it does me.

Much Love
-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment