Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Where do we go from here?

I'm sitting on the floor of my empty dining room as I write this thinking, where do we go from here?


The past couple of months, we have had to trust the Lord with all of our hearts. Leaning not to our own understanding, praying for Him to direct our paths and to show us the path of His purpose. How fitting is it that, Proverbs 3:5-6 is the yearly verse for Jake and Allie's school (Wake Christian).  We have the verse written on our chalkboard by our side door and we read it each morning before we leave for school and then we see it on the banners when we drive into their school. It has been a constant reminder to TRUST.

Trusting is hard, especially when you do not know where to go from here. We stepped out in faith from monthly income, we sold our house (in 8 days) and as of tomorrow, we have no place to live. Two uhaul trucks are sitting in our driveway with no where to go come tomorrow at 11:00am when we sign the papers to close. We have prayed and searched for the next house, but nothing! Not sure why God has not opened that door but, we must trust. This is indeed the scariest thing that we ever done. We took a huge leap of faith and have to keep reminding ourselves that although in our eyes, our future is unknown, God knows and is working it out for our good.

I am incredibly thankful for our friends. They have been such an encouragement to us. Just today, the kind words of a friend through a facebook message was just what I needed to hear. And, the Dunkin Dounuts that were dropped off at our house tonight made me cry (I know, I'm weird). But all of this has showed me how blessed we are to be loved.

So, where do we go from here? We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment