Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

How "suite" it is:

Master Suite

The latest project that I've been working on for my residential design class is a master suite consisting of the master bedroom, master bath, and closet. It could not exceed 420 sq. feet and of course, I pushed it with 418 sq. feet.

The plans were drawn on AutoCad. One of my favorite things about designing is space planning. So, I enjoyed coming up with the layout of this space.


As you can see by the plan, you enter into the room and your focal point is the bed. There is an entrance on the left for the bathroom where you will find a garden tub, glass shower, water closet, and double vanity. As you make your way through the bathroom, you enter into the closet. There is a door in the closet that leads to a second entrance for the laundry room.





Some elements I chose to use in the master bedroom were:


Custom upholstered headboard with white linens and cheveron accent pillows in gold, glass chest as the night stands, x form stools at the end of the bed, a fretwood faced console table, chairs, and accent pieces.

For the bath:


His and her double vanity from Pottery Barn, garden tub encased with white molding, blue subway tile, etc.

Elements for the toilet closet:


And the master closet:


My favorite piece for the closet were the designer bags framed in white to make a focal point grouping behind the bench that you see when you walk into the closet.



I enjoyed this project the most because it gave me the freedom to choose my own style. We also had to turn in construction documents with all the dimensions, plumbing plan, and lighting plan.


My next school projects are a kitchen, entire house floor plan, and a store front window.

                                                                            -Jenn





No comments:

Post a Comment