Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Adventures With Photoshop

This week I completed a project using photoshop. This was my second week in that class and WOW! I love it and hate it all at the same time. I know once I get the hang of it, it will be an awesome and most helpful tool.
In this weeks project, I had to take a photo of a contemporary living room:
and change it with the inspiration being a chosen fruit. I chose the mangosteen. It is a tropical, warm climate fruit found mostly in Southeast Asia. We cannot find it fresh here in the states but you can find juice made from it. It is suppose to be very beneficial health wise. I just love the deep, rich colors.
And here are the changes I made. 
I changed the wall to the deep plum color of the skin of the mangosteen. The couch was changed to green to represent the color of the stem and was covered in a soft velvet. Red chairs and accents were added to represent the rind. White was used for the shag rug and sheer window treatments to represent the inside, which is sweet and tart. I added a few accessories along with changing the cabinets on the wall to a book shelf.
And the finish board looks like this:
Heading to Wilmington tomorrow for a much needed restful weekend :)
Until the next project........


No comments:

Post a Comment